Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Petaloo Mother's Day card

Hello Petaloo peeps!  Coming by today to share an oh so shabby card for Mom.  With Mother's Day coming up this would be a perfect greeting!

2016-04-13 039

I fell in love with the yellow burlap butterflies in the textured elements collection.  That was my inspiration for this card. 

2016-04-13 038

I used paper scraps, Canvas Corp pattern papers, and a few embellishments to add some black accents.  I think it adds a nice contrast and a bit of sophistication. 

2016-04-13 037

 For my sentiment I used a diecut tag that I hand stamped and a sweet fussy cut banner sentiment from Canvas Corps.  So what do you think?  Guaranteed to bring some sunshine to Mom?  I think so! 

2016-04-13 048

Thanks for coming by today!  Cherry

Supplies used
-Burlap Butterflies & Blossoms - Yellow
 Burlap Flowers - Ivory
 Papers-Canvas Corps, Girl's Paperie
 embellishments- clock and dime store stickers-Kraft Outlet
 ribbons- Really Reasonable Ribbon



3 comments:

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi Cherry~
(I was trying to publish a comment earlier and I goofed; don't know if it went thru...)
But was saying how utterly gorgeous this card is! With the mix of beautiful yellows and hints of black. The butterflies are a great inspiration! Thanks~ Karen O

Marci said...

Beautiful shades of yellow!

Wenni Donna said...

Simply a fantastic mother’s day card! Really pleased to see these photos. My kids made a DIY card for me this year and threw a cute mother’s day party at one of local venues in Chicago. Really loved all surprises from them.