Monday, April 14, 2014

Mrs. Easter Bunny...





             Happppppppppy Monday!  I have a  fun little project today using the sweet swirly straws that have become so popular.   I used the cutest Crafty Secrets image  from their Easter creative scraps.  Mrs. Easter Bunny I presume....who else could it be?   I started by cutting the image with my oval Spellbinders and layering it with another Spellbinders, this time in the scallop ovals.   I wrapped handmade tissue fringe around the outer edges and also added pink tinsel to the inner circles.  To add the straw I simply hot glued it behind and added a protective cardstock piece around the top of straw for extra sturdiness.   I than decked my topper out with flowers and ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbons and a little sentiment tag.   This would add the final touch to the top of an Easter bag or basket...or an Easter cake!  You could also do smaller ones for cupcakes.  I like using them to decorate with and nestle them in my vintage glass frogs.   Hope you enjoy!   Cherry

4 comments:

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Mrs. Bunny is super adorable Cherry and I love your ideas for adding her to a basket or cake. My brain was stuck on plant picks or a flower arrangement. Thanks for sharing, I'm going to show her on my blog post

Sandy

vivian said...

sweet!!
I cant believe that easter is finally almost here.. Ive had my easter decorations up for about 5 weeks already, lol! almost time to pack everything back up.
happy day!
xoxo
vivian

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is so adorable, Cherry! I love the tinsel on an Easter project...so unexpected and festive. Such a cute idea, too!!

Jill Norwood said...

This is so sweet! Love the image and all the sweet details! :) Happy Easter!