Wednesday, June 5, 2013

God Bless America....












Hello happy Wednesday!  I took baby kitty (Mippy) to the vet..... HE is a SHE.  Hmmmmmm that was an awkard moment in the vet's office.  So I guess  Mippy will be becoming a Cleo???   rofl!!!  I am NOT The only female in the house anymore!  Had to share a cute pic of Cleo hanging out....such a sweet baby when she is sleeping...but a holy terror when awake!  I have a fun patriotic card today made for TRC.  
                         Love this sentiment stamp....God Bless America.  I embossed it using silver embossing powder and than colored it in a bit with a red faber castelle pen.   I love the subtle glitter around the edges.  I added pearls on either side to frame it.  Of course some layered stars, buttons, and distressed red seam binding round out the card.  I love red, white, and blue!  Hope you do too!  cherry




Inks and pens-Pti, red faber castell
stamps-God Bless America
papers-Making memories, k & company, graphic 45,
cardstock-Pugnacious cream paper
ribbons-Really reasonable ribbon
buttons-American crafts, vintage
stick pins-Joanns
pearls-Joanns
chipboard stars-pink paislee
ticket-pink paislee
glue-scrap happy glue

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO funny!!! We had a cat and named him Seymour....you can imaging how I felt when I found out Seymour was a girl!!..we assumed becuase she was so big!! I love your card and I hope all is well with you!

Patty O'Malley said...

Awww, Cleo looks like a sweetie! I love your card and the sparkly sentiment. Perfect patriotic card!

Rozy said...

Great story. Cute cat...give her a hug for me and....wonderful card!

Evgenia Petzer said...

gorgous card! when we took a cat, we thought its a she, now its HE and we love him to bits, bit i still more often call her like a girl:)

TLady said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY!!!!!!! I LOVE PATRIOTIC CARDS!!!!!!:)

AND as for Cleo, if her hair has ANY length to it at all, when she sleeps like that, (Like a couple of our kitties) she'll get KNOTS in her hair! Get a little brush for her! Start brushing her NOW or she won't like it! :) I KNOW what you mean about being a TERROR!!!! Once you get her "fixed" she'll calm down! We JUST had our tiniest fixed & she has CHANGED GREATLY!!!! :)Now she doesn't act disgusted when I pet her! (She's a ONE-PERSON KITTY! She chose our daughter EVENTHOUGH, she's SUPPOSED to be MINE! LOL):)