Friday, April 5, 2013

farm girl friday

       Hi there and happy weekend!  Popping in with a Riddersholm Designs Farm Girl Friday creation!  Connie's challenge for the Design Team this month was - use your favorite (NOT) scrapbbooking accessory, could be something recycling. It has to be spring and light colors.
Remember to leave a comment over at the Riddersholm blog- we will be drawing a winner of a gorgeous give-away! 
                            I decided to recycle a vintage crochet doily and turn it into a pincushion.  I really enjoyed making this.  I sewed a pocket for the inside using quilt batting.  I embellished it with a handmade nest and a resin bird from the store.  I also added a few other cabochons and tags from the Huntington Gardens collection.   I had to make a few homemade stick pins as well.  Love adding my own little unique touches.  I think this would make a beautiful mother's day gift.  What do you think?  Make sure to check out the other creations...they are beautiful!  hugs, cherry






 
 
 
 
 
 






11 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is such a pretty cushion ... I love the bird theme ... so beautifully done with that lovely nest

Kimberly Morrow said...

I always so look forward to your posts. I love the way you design your projects. Thanks for sharing!

TLady said...

HOW ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS CHERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) If I made this for my mom, I'd have to make myself one at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :)

Patty O'Malley said...

This is fabulous, Cherry! I love everything about this. Pure perfection! Will you be making more of these? I'd love to buy one.

Enchantments and Giggles said...

Your designs and work are beautiful! I am never disappointed in my purchases from you! Keep making beautiful things!

TNjan said...

Beautiful..thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

Oh my, this is just stunning! Love the stick pin!

Tracy said...

This is just stunning. Love everything about it, but especially the bird stick pin. Just lovely!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love the birds, blues tones and heart! All my favorite things! It's very pretty and useful!
Deb

Rebekah said...

Such a beautiful work of art!! Just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Awww love the birds nest its so cute!!!