Saturday, April 30, 2011

Stamped Mason jar card









Hello there...I am here today to share a tutorial with you..a sweet cottagey stamped mason jar card perfect for a loved one or special some one.  Start off by making your card (mine is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2) .  Get stamps all together and start stamping them (I used a soft pink dye ink)..I chose to stamp mine on neutral ledger type papers for a soft look. Than fussy cut them out and set aside as you cover your cardstock in your chosen papers.  I used some scrap pieces that worked well together. Than I was ready to " age my papers" by using my stand by distress inks (they are never far from me).  I love the instant age and worn appearance they give my cards.  I am not shy when it comes to aging..more is better in my opinion.   I than applied some vintage crochet lace with hot glue.  Now the fun begans as you construct your mason jar!  If you like use foam adhesive for a 3-d effect or use some good acid free glue.  Once you are done with that...have fun embellishing your cottage mason jar...I chose a little square diecut and buttons.  You could also use decorative scissors for a ric rac edge.  Adhere your embellies with hot glue.  Add the twine and stamps at the top of the jar.  The last step is to add your ribbons of choice.  I chose wrinkle ribbons for a soft look.  Glue them on and if you like add some trinket pins.  I added stacked buttons to my pins for a bit of whimsy.  Once that is done....you are finished!   Your card is ready to give to that special someone!  Thanks for letting me share and hope you enjoyed the tutorial.    hugs, cherry

11 comments:

Kansas Amy said...

That is adorable!

Home and Heart said...

Your card are all so pretty! Thanks for the tips!!

Pastila said...

WOW!! It's beautiful! Thank you for the tutorial!

Ros said...

Beautiful ... great tutorial TFS

Joanne Leddy said...

Vintage, shabby, and oh so sweet ... love it! Thanks for sharing!

Linda Breedlove said...

Wow, Cherry... love this!!! Thanks for the tutorial. Your cards are always so amazing!

Rebekah said...

awesome tutorial! loved seeing the steps behind your creative process.

Linda Gilliam said...

Gorgeous card, I just LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgoeus card Cherry - thanks for the tutorial!
I love your jar of buttony goodness and those sweet teeny tags ;)
TFS, hugs, Ruth S

Suz said...

Thank you so much for showing us how you make your wonderful cards. I am fascinated!
Fondly,
Suz

Sherrie said...

Beautiful! Thank you for giving the tutorial!